CBR1100XX.org Forum

Gauge Faces

bajjer9

Thee was a thread not long ago about guage faces...I know it was for a newer bird but I just installed these so thought I would post up...Sorry about the dark one but still learning the new camera and that was the best i could do without a tri-pod!

gauge%20faces.jpg

new%20gauge%20faces.jpg

Thanks go out to urloozn for these!!

Really like the look. How much troulble was it to install?

it was quite easy actually...the biggest problem I had was fitting the center cut hole around the hub of the needle...on the speedo and one of the smaller needles I had to cut a small slit for it to fit...I also chose to solder the power onto the instrument circuit film rather than splice into any wire...simple as that!! I love it cuz now I can see how fast I am going at night...these are quite bright! I just wished I could figure out how to get a decent night time pic.

Hey bud! They look great! How did you get your needles to be orange? Did you paint them or something? Mine were white and didn't lite up at night so I couldn't see at night. Thats why I got rid of them.

Hey bud! They look great! How did you get your needles to be orange? Did you paint them or something? Mine were white and didn't lite up at night so I couldn't see at night. Thats why I got rid of them.

I painted them orange in hopes to see em better at night but didnt work to well...it is flourescent but still...I was thinking of some glow in the dark flourescent orange paint I found in walmart...its worth a try since the needles dont really see any weather...one more thing to try I suppose.