CBR1100XX.org Forum

Frame plugs

TOXXIC

My neighbor has a customized Harley that had brake caliper inserts which I really liked. I found them in the Kuriyakyn catalog, (JP cycles), part #8160, $15.00

20035224758594997149706.jpg

Above is a view of the right side of the bike, below is the left side of the bike. I ground the frame plug on my grinder to fit flush.

I used a fairing bolt, threaded into the stud in the small frame hole. Originally I had purchased a chome plug, (for the small hole - but it didn't fit The small frame plug was lost on a test ride; I forgot to glue it in DOH!)

20035226711903898582446.jpg

Lastly, now that the bike has a Silver Bullet look, please note the "Custom" axle caps, held in place by a dab of glue. If they fall off I can make more. :lol:

20035226553489774040407.jpg

Tim, great looking plugs bro! I've got another 6 axle caps for you after working last night. MMMM...Beer..It's what's for breakfast!

please note the "Custom" axle caps

clever, very clever :idea: ...

hhhhmmm, what flavor looks best on a silver bird that hasn't been used yet?

this definitely calls for some research ...

1. stop by MGM Liquour and see how many 6 packs of various flavors fit in a Givi E52.

2. test to see it extra load enhances wheelie capabilities (a case of 1.75L Captain Morgans certainly gives 'er wood).

3. sit by bird swiling cool ones while comparing bottle caps to see what one looks best.

yep, i luv these kind of research projects :grin: