CBR1100XX.org Forum

4-2-2 Exhaust

Stealth

I ended up with an Akrapovic system, 4-2-1. While I was looking:

xrdracer has mentioned something about a TSR header, which (I believe) fully retains the stock mufflers, or includes it's own, or something.

Moriwaki builds a 4-2-1-2 or 4-2 system, but it's pricey. 1500, last I checked, which is consistent with other Moriwaki stuff, considering you have a full header plus two cans. You could buy two Akras, one Akra and one Yoshimura, or a Tiforce (best performer, IMO) and 300 bucks worth of beer for the same money.

Lastly, I have heard of a dual Akra system, but it's not on their site. I believe if it exists, it's only available in Europe.

J.

bird with one can looks like a man without one leg

Maybe in your opinion :roll:

I have the TiForce 4-1, and love it. The quality is amazing, and it is the best flowing system available.

As far as I know, Akra made the 4-1-2 system, but it is no longer available. TSR made a 4-1-2 system, but you'll have to check with them as for availability. Might also be obsolete. Their website only shows 4-1 systems now.

Moriwaki - good luck. I tried for 2 months to get information from their North American distributor, with only brief and vague answers, and no product information, other than "Yeah, our systems are great". :roll:

Mr. Moriwaki himself was ready to answer questions, but english is limited, so he put me to the NA distributor, who could care less about sales, IMO.

bird with one can looks like a man without one leg

Maybe in your opinion :roll:

I have the TiForce 4-1, and love it. The quality is amazing, and it is the best flowing system available.

As far as I know, Akra made the 4-1-2 system, but it is no longer available. TSR made a 4-1-2 system, but you'll have to check with them as for availability. Might also be obsolete. Their website only shows 4-1 systems now.

Moriwaki - good luck. I tried for 2 months to get information from their North American distributor, with only brief and vague answers, and no product information, other than "Yeah, our systems are great". :roll:

Mr. Moriwaki himself was ready to answer questions, but english is limited, so he put me to the NA distributor, who could care less about sales, IMO.

yes, this is my opinion :)

I did contact tiForce asking how they deal with oxygen sensor installed on california model exhaust but they never answered my email despite reminder. Extra hp/sweet sound is tempting but one sided exhaust on bird looks unbalanced :sad:

Two Bros. makes a 4-2-2 system, but both cans end up on the right side. There's one on e-bay now. Looks sort of weird IMO.

Two Bros. makes a 4-2-2 system, but both cans end up on the right side.  There's one on e-bay now.  Looks sort of weird IMO.

It's called the "Shotgun", and no longer made. Hard to find now, and they fetch a very high price, usually.

If you're looking for performance, go with a 4-1. My recommendation is the TiForce, with the Akra close behind, and quite a bit cheaper.

If you want looks & sound as well as keeping duals, then go with slip-ons, and be done with it.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You can try TSR (www.tsrjp.com) They USED to make a 4-2-1-2 for the Bird, but have since discontinued it. However, there may be a unit still on the shelf collecting dust. Workmanship is outstanding, as is all the Jap exhausts. I have Akra carbon cans mated to the TSR 4-2 and love it...Howie