CBR1100XX.org Forum

just about time to pick up the new bird!

longrider

well boys i'm new to this board so please bear with me. i'll have them pull it out of the crate next week. any ideas from anyone regarding must add ons. the vfr bars are already in and i'll mount them after i get it home. will i have to get new clutch/brake hoses? just turned 50 and this is my red sports car. sure looking forward to keeping up with my son (600TT), well maybe on the straights. :grin:

welcome!

if you aren't into a new pipe and a power commander for more power... :shock: or a smaller front sprocket for more torque :lol:

imho, i think the stock seat stinks, get an aftermarket Corbin and maybe a smuggler, which will allow you to conveniently store yoru gloves and small items on short trips.

if you are going to tour, i suggest an aftermarket screen, mine's a ZeroGravity ST, but others on the listt will have suggestions as well.

Ask your dealer to give you a good trade on the stock (fucking crap) tires before you even take it out. See the tire threads around here for other options. Personally I'm very sold on the Avon AV45/AV46-ST. Lots of grip, great handling, long life. The stock tires are just horrible.

Second item on my list would be the fork springs, unless you weigh around 130 pounds.

Third would be Race Tech fork valve kits (both kits).

BTW, have I mentioned that the stock tires SUCK?!

And did you just imply that this is your first motorcycle??? :shock:

swampy's got a good point. if they truly are going to pull it out of the crate next week there's a lot of things you could change BEFORE they build the bike up at a significantly lower cost than doing it later on, having it be a change out instead....

like heavier fork oil..

... or better springs...

... or better tires...

or a different rear shock...

ooh, let me think some more ;o)