CBR1100XX.org Forum

Saddle advice

flyv65

OK, so my friends and I just finished up our annual Bikerscum tour for 2003, and I've come to the realization that my ass is sore :cry: . Now granted, I've done an SS1000 on the stock seat, but I'm older now and wouldn't mind being coddled abit.

The problem is, I still want to move around on (hang off of) the bike in the twisties-I won't sacrifice the handling. I've been looking at the Corbin Smugglers (handy for wallet/sunglasses/cellphone), but I've heard that the Corbin saddles are actually "lower" than stock seats and that hanging a cheek off of a Corbin is more difficult because of the dished shape? :headscratch:

Any truth to the rumours about Corbin, advice or suggestions on other saddle makes and/or styles? All input appreciated.

Bryan...melted the edges of the 45/46's on this trip :)...

Bryan my corbin is actually an inch OVER stock. You can get them how ever you want them. I moved the pocket up an inch as well. As far as hanging off I have no problem with it at all. If you can do a ride in.

Randy-that looks schuh-weeeet :!: Do you have any of the dimensions from your order to Corbin still hanging around? A ride-in isn't real likely to happen since I'm busiest workwise through-out the summer, and getting over the passes to CA is a bitch in winter.

From the photo though, it looks like you addressed my biggest concerns from the Corbin website-too low a seat height, and that "hump" at the tank being too high.

Bryan...thanks for the info...

imho corbin easier to hang off of, leather slides around on top of it easier. and as well, the dish goes up your butt more, letting you know you are hangin off :shock:

since i usually have a meeting place i have to 'ride to' to get to the twisties, i ride with my travelcade saddlemen gel pad, then when we are ready to get into the twisties, it either goes in my tank bag, inside my jacket around my chest, or velcros nicely to the top of my tank bag where my map sleeve would normally go.

fc2ae635.jpg