CBR1100XX.org Forum

7 days till NEXXT, I don't need this agravation

Dion

Ride to work today and on the last little stretch do my usual roll-on to 11 o'Clock on the speedo and WTF, FI light. It stays on. I get to work, leave it running, kickstand down and I get the MAP error code(2 flashes).

Shut it down, restart and no error.

Here's to hoping it's just a vacuum line problem.

You might run through the MAP checks in the manual. If everything checks out OK, reset your ECU to clear the error codes.

I had an intermittent FI light problem I traced to an IAT code. I've had no problems since I did the diagnostics and reset the ECU.

Ride to work today and on the last little stretch do my usual roll-on to 11 o'Clock on the speedo and WTF, FI light. It stays on. I get to work, leave it running, kickstand down and I get the MAP error code(2 flashes).

Shut it down, restart and no error.

Here's to hoping it's just a vacuum line problem.

Well you could always ride bitch with me!!!! :poke: :lol:

Ken

Bad connection/ground is the usual suspect - remove the seat and wiggle the wires, even back by the tail-light. And, if you have any after-market accessories, check those connections first.

Thanks guys.

I don't know if this is the ground issue or not, It looked like a valid code and not the flickering some have described. Didn't happen on the way home or this morning. I'll probably clear the code and once I get the tank run down check th MAP sensor as well as look at the shape of the connectors.

Well you could always ride bitch with me!!!!

Ken

Thanks Ken, But you ride to fast, I'd be scared :wink:

So, Dion, are you a happy-camper-rider yet?
To be honest I'm a lazy fuck and haven't gotten around to it yet. Been to busy scrubin the new rear and just ridin. Finally stopped refilling the tank yesterday so I'll take look today.