CBR1100XX.org Forum

Fuel Leak

sk6f3

This morning I had a puddle of fuel under my 97 XX. I had left the bike on the side stand overnight. I usually leave it on the center stand. I took it outside, put it on the center stand and the bike started and ran well. After letting all the residual fuel drain out of the lower fairing, I rolled it back into the garage and left it on the center stand. It does not seem to be leaking anymore.

Did I have a stuck float? Is it possible for this problem to clear itself, or shoud I plan to go into the carbs to clean/adjust? Steve

Oh... and run some fuel cleaner through it.

Something usefull like SeaFoam.

My fuel leak is resolved. I finally pulled the seat, lifted the tank and realized the fuel was seeping from somewhere around the the fuel valve. The carbs and overflow tubes were dry. I removed the tank and figured the most likely culprit was the o-ring between the fuel valve and the tank. I removed the valve, replaced the o-ring, and everything is now right with the world.