CBR1100XX.org Forum

I just finished installing the Pro-Oiler today

MileHi

After a slow week-long install (I didn't want to rush things :lol: ) I finally finished the Pro-Oiler install. Pablo's instructions were VERY complete and concise. And the default settings are for the Blackbird... Uh, and also the Bandit, and any other bike that uses a 110 link 530 chain. One thing that he should have HIGHLIGHTED in the instructions was NOT to fill the reservoir more then 3/4 full. Amsoil 20w-50 does NOT taste very good!

Here's the pump and circuit box.

Pro-oiler%20circuit%20box%20and%20pump.j

More installation pics can be found here...

http://www.freewebs.com/milehi/thefarklespage.htm

Other than a few self-induced fuck-ups the install was staright forward.

nice setup. How often do you have to clean your chain now? I am sure crude and junk will still build up.

Actually, I'm hoping that it won't build up like it did prior to the install. Theoretically the oiler will only dispense enough oil to keep the chain lubed, but not so much that I get all the fling off. Time will tell though.

Fer cryin out loud, Ray, yer gonna hafta put ape hangers on that bike to support all the farkles!

Nah... I just wanna be like Warchild when I grow up!!! :shock:

XXTi, I got it direct from Pro-Oiler for $199 delivered. I think John's selling 'em too.

I have the Hawke oiler on mine. It works great. No build up like when using chain wax. The chain stays gunk free. I use MOBIL 1 gear oil. The hawke oiler is an on demand system not a constant feed. I control when and how much oil is released w/ the push of a button. I think the guys name is John. Here is the linkhttp://www.hawkeoiler.com/.

When my bike was in the shop they some how managed to booger it up and fry the motor. Not sure how but they did. I called John, sent the unit in and within a couple of weeks he sent me a new unit free of charge. A stand up guy in my opinion. Runs the bizz out of his garage. At $150 its a good deal to.

www.cls200.de

I've had one of these on the new XX for about 15k and no problems, I use the large tank which I have to fill at mmm about 9000 miles but I turn it up on the heavy side when it rains.

I like that dual nozzle I wonder if the pro-oiler uses the same diameter hose as my oiler, I was gonna try the dual nozzle from scott-oiler but John from Jaws said it was shite. it really bugs me that only one side of the chain get oiled.

20048308962925453072689.jpg