CBR1100XX.org Forum

Center Stand Question?

mrcisco

I am new to this forum. I live in Phoenix and it is very hot right now. I've been riding for about 10 years and have ridden many bikes from cruisers to crotch rockets. I just traded in my 02 VFR for a new 03 XX and absolutely love it! But, as I was doing the 600 mile "change oil" maintenance, I can't get the "big bird" on the center stand. With the interceptor, it was fairly easy, but I'm afraid of dropping the XX as it is bigger and :oops: it just seems unorthodox. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :oops:

You can't lift the bird up on the stand (unless you're built like Nik) unless you stand beside it and put your weight on the stand while lifting up on the handle in the vent in the tail section. the bike is front heavy

You just start with the bike on the side stand and then lower the centerstand down with your right foot.

Straighten the bike while continuing to hold the centerstand down with your foot.

Gently rock the bike from left to right to make certain that the bike is centered on the stand.

Put your full weight on the stand (sort of stand on the centerstand) while lifting on the grab handle and the bike will come up VERY easily on the centerstand.

It takes almost no strength if done correctly

ha ha, dont know it need to turn to the left. Normally I straight it up, hold to grab rail, and use the arm strength to pull and my leg to push the center stand. Hold the handle bar just to stabilize myself.

Cant rely on my weight, I'm just 50kg and 1.72m height.

If you have bags you need to grab the passenger peg/muffler mount.

step down on the center stand and lift up simultainiously. No pulling forward or backward involved