CBR1100XX.org Forum

Not a Honda but...

Squareman357

I just got ahold of a 1986 ZX6 Ninja for a song and a dance (really cheap hehe). I need to change out the clutch cable. I also want to find horsepower and torque numbers for this bike. Anyone know where I can find this info? Please let me know. Thanks.

I need to stop by there and pick it up, said the motor was missing when he last had her running couple yrs ago.. might have to get a new motor

Tell him to look harder. That motor's got to be around there somewhere.......

I know sweet FA about Kawasakis but did see on a website that the 1986 Ninja was known as a GPZ600R all aound the world except the U.S.

http://freespace.virgin.net/s.free/gpx600r.htm

YEAR TYPE EUROPEAN NAME U.S. NAME

1986 ZX600-A2 GPZ600R NINJA 600R

If that is true the specs are under GPZ600R under Bikepoint.

http://www.bikez.com/bike/index.php?bike=12476

Anyone here in the Chicago area a real good bike mechanic? I'd like to get this thing running well enough to putter around on but it needs a couple things besides the clutch cable done. I'd pay to not have to take it to a shop, though I have the ability to do that too.

Funny ....I had a 85 Zx600R - A, before I got the Bird. Its still parked out back of my ex-house collecting rust, I think I blew the head gasket on it....Parts are the same if you need anything let me know before i junk it

:cool: