CBR1100XX.org Forum

Trailer a Bird

Dano

Holes in the floor she could live with, I'm sure.

Not sure if she'd be OK with bolting something to the side of her box (the truck, you pigs! :evil: ). Plus, the sides are fiberglass, etc.

Have to research this more.......... :???:

my buddy uses his checy ful size step side to haul his bike around all the time. He bolted Eyelets to the front corners and uses a canyon dancer. If its good enough for a zx-9 then it might work on a bird. He can't raise the tailgate though.

Chris, If you are not going to use it all the time....

..you can always cut a piece of 3/4" plywood to fit in your bed and then attach the eye-bolts to it. Basically your strapping it down to the plywood and giving it one heck of a foot print. I hualed a bike for over 1800 miles once that way.... just because I didn't want to drill any holes in the bed.

I also bent and mounted a small piece of channel iron to the plywood to keep the front tire from turning and to keep it from hitting the front of the bed.

Just a thought.

I've heard a couple of horror stories of bikes falling off trailers and don't want to repeat.

Here is a safety tip for ya... always carry a roll of electrical tape with you.

When you strap your bike down to a small trailer with stiff suspension and hit a bump in the road, the bikes suspension gives first, loosening the strap just enough for it to bounce and become un hooked... and whammo!... you've got one beat up bike. So if you have some electrical tape, just tape the ends of all the hooks closed after strapping down the bike and you should never have to worry about picking up your bike again.

I even do this when it's in the back of my truck.... just to be sure.

I have a roll of electrical tape in every vehicle I own.