CBR1100XX.org Forum

Clutch

dante18

It seems that the clutch is taking a little longer to engage when I let it out. Is there a way to adjust it? I put on helibars a while back and a little fluid came out when I loosened the banjo bolt but the clutch does not really feel like it is mushy or air is in the line. My bike is the '02.

Thanks for any info...

steve

No adjustment, the clutch is hydraulic.

Bleed it. :)

Ditto what he said I just bought the Mightyvac and it worked like a champ on the bleeding process. :wink:

When you got the Mightyvac, are the directions pretty easy?

Yes they were very easy I'm not much of a mechanic but was able to master it, basically it attaches to the bleeder screw via clear tube with a catch bottle for the old fluid in between the vac and the bleed screw, I pumped up the mighty vac to as high of vacum as it would go pump the clutch handle a couple of times then open the bleed screw to start the fluid flow, I repeated that process until no air came through the bleeder and the clutch pull became noticably better, just make sure during this process you don't run the clutch resevoir dry or than your gonna have to start all over again. :wink:

Thanks for the info...just finished. After I figured out how and where to connect the tubes, the job took probably 15 minutes...super easy!

Thanks again.

steve

• 11 months later...

My clutch is letting the wheel spin when in gear but fully pulled. Is that a symptom of needing to be bled or of time to replace the clutch? TIA.

No problems. Just saw it Saturday and wanted to make sure it wasn't indicating time for maintenance. Using Mobil 1 Syn Silver cap 10-40.