CBR1100XX.org Forum

Regulator/rectifier

dimbluexx

Help

Does anyone know where I can get a Regulator Rectifier pretty quick. Both the honda and yamaha parts are backordered here in Canada for at least 2 weeks, maybe more. No way I cannot ride for the next few weeks, I will lose my sanity.

99xx

Help

Does anyone know where I can get a Regulator Rectifier pretty quick. Both the honda and yamaha parts are backordered here in Canada for at least 2 weeks, maybe more.  No way I cannot ride for the next few weeks, I will lose my sanity.

99xx

You may want to try Honda US, mine got here in 3 days (02 model).

Hugo

BTW my R/R died after the stator had gone weak and masked the problem. When you test the voltage after repair make sure you do so with the fan kicked in.

That said, I am really good at push-starting, now. :grin:

Hugo

Thanks for replying so quickly. The 1999 part number is 31600-mat-e01.

The 2001 - 2002 part number is 31600-mat-d51. Does anyone know if this is a superior part and if the connectors are the same as the 99 RR? Has anyone retrofited their 99 with a 2002 part?

At what mileage did your stator go? I checked the resistance on the stator and all three yellow wires were within spec. Voltage output at the battery was around 11.6 v no matter what the RPM. I guess this was just the battery voltage, yes it was low. It seemed that no charge was coming from the RR. I have 72,000 km on my bike and I am seriously wondering if I shouldn't also replace the stator. It would be a real pain to have it go and take out a new RR.

At what mileage did your stator go? I checked the resistance on the stator and all three yellow wires were within spec. Voltage output at the battery was around 11.6 v no matter what the RPM. I guess this was just the battery voltage, yes it was low. It seemed that no charge was coming from the RR. I have 72,000 km on my bike and I am seriously wondering if I shouldn't also replace the stator. It would be a real pain to have it go and take out a new RR.

44kmiles at the time. So the mileage is close. 11.6 Volts -> battery only. If you are still within specs, I would not bother much (I don't think there are that many failures).

The problem followed a total 30mn shower at 30mph on my ride back from LA, I would bet some water got in.

Hugo

Thanks for replying so quickly. The 1999 part number is 31600-mat-e01.

The 2001 - 2002 part number is 31600-mat-d51. Does anyone know if this is a superior part and if the connectors are the same as the 99 RR? Has anyone retrofited their 99 with a 2002 part?

On my '02, the RR is on the RIGHT side of the bike, behind the vent hole in the tail cowl. It is also larger. The wire crosses the frame and connects to the harness in the old location. I seem to remember this discussion in the past, and I think it may be compatible. Have you searched the old posts?

Steve