CBR1100XX.org Forum

CCT QUESTION ?

aholexx

nope.

did you get a new gasket with it? not mandatory but recommended.

all you need is some patientience gettin at the bolts.

p.s. don't pull the little key thingy out until AFTER you've installed it :grin:

i can't remember if you can get the thing out/off without retracting the stopper with the key.

Which puts you in a predicament if you don't have an extra key and we told you not to take the key out of the new one until after you install it. eh?

the key is basically a small flathead screw driver, you could use that tool to retract the old one and then remove it. the key to the key is that it will actually lock the device retracted where a screwdriver won't, so it might take 3 hands to remove the old one.

if you really want to, you CAN remove the key to the new one to use it to get the old one off. just don't take it out quickly as the device 'pops' or 'unretracts' quickly and some have found it sticks unretracted and is kinda a biotch to get it retracted again before installing.

another note on the key or screwdriver effect, you are basically winding the device up like a clock, as you turn the key, the device retracts.

good luck young paduhwahn

no need to do anything to remove the old CCT but take the bolts out.

Do what Joe said and LISTEN TO XX!

don't pull the little key thingy out until AFTER you've installed it

It really is that simple. I did mine in about 10 mins, but I left the fairing on....just loosened the back a little.

• 2 weeks later...