CBR1100XX.org Forum

Help..replacing front sprocket before heading out to SeXXt

Titbird

any tricks?

just the clutch slave bolts, remove clutch slave (any tricks to that?) then remove sprocket cover and finally sprocket...Sound right??

I have the service manual but can't find a clear description of the procedure...

Thanks folks...I need quick help...leaving for SeXXt in a few short hours...

Thanks

- Titty

Leave the inner slave bolt in.If you leave the slave clyinder attached, you won't have to bleed it. It slides out of the way enough for you to raplace your front sprocket. If you don't have any air tools, put the bike up on the centerstand and place a piece of wood across the swingarm to hold the sprocket from turning. Takes all of a half hour.

Just s/w Donny(Demon) on the phone - GREAT GUY!!

Thanks for the help brother!!!

See you all tomorrow!!!!

- Tit

I was going to put my stock sprocket back on for the seXXt but demon said only wussies run stock...

D'oh !!!

Gonna have to be a wussy then Chris...cuz all I have is a stock one....

:razz:

- Tit

yeh, what the others said, leave the clutch thingy attached.

and don't over torque the screws when you attach the cover thing back on, they twist in half really easy.... trust me, i know :oops: - unless you're a need-to-torque-to-spec freak, don't bother using a torque wrench (except on the actual sprocket bolt)

That's right. :razz:

I'm so anti-wuss, It's pitiful. I couldn't even leave my rear alone. I'm 1 up on the back as well as 1 down on the front. Stock, it would be in the bottom of 3rd in the 1/8th, now I'm at the top of 3rd ready to shift into 4th.

Ain't nuthin like some good old fashoned ACCELERATION. Just wait til I spray it :roll: