CBR1100XX.org Forum

Vibes

Stealth

Hi guys.... I have an '04 with 1500k's on the clock and after the 1000k service I noticed that there is a buzzing/high frequency buzzing in the bars from about 3000rpm thru till it's gone by 5000rpm. :cry: Is this normal? I can feel it in the pegs also around 4000rpm, and has me worried. Should I get the mech to look at it? I did my first longer trip (2 hours) on the bike and my hands were tingly as a result!

Any help greatly appreciated.

I have the same problem with my '01. I have never been able to figure it out, I have ridden other peoples 'Birds and they felt smooth as silk. When they ride mine they notice it right away, in the same rpm range as yous.

Someone else on the board suggested mabye the balance shaft timing is out of wack and is adjustible, I just havent tried checking it yet. Yours is still under warranty so try to find a dealer who you trust and have them check it and let us know how it goes!

-Dave

I suppose the throttle boddies could be incorrectly balanced. causing some cylinders to have more power than others, that's what it feels like on carb'd bikes anyway... mine is alot more smooth when I balance the carbs.

Not sure if Australia is considered more "Motorcycle Aware" than the US, but yeah, we got an '04.

The vibs are less noticable if I lean on the bars.. I guess my weight stops it. It's most noticable with a light touch.

The vibe seems to be getting worse, and I can feel there is definatly some out of balance but I will leave it until the next service at 6000kms and see how it goes. It'll have had a better chance of bedding in. I might get them to check for throttle body balance, but not keen on touching the balance shafts.

As for rattle, not really noticed anything, but will keep an eye/on it!

Thanks

I already changed the CCT with the updated oe one, no change in vibes.

XX4me and Hobicus think it's the balance shaft.

I never thought about throttle body sync though, it dynoed at 132 whp in Sturgis so I guess its about normal :???:

I just don't want to spend big bucks at the dealer when the tech's there don't know anything about adjusting ballance shafts!

So I am still numb and at a loss as how to fix it. :sad:

-Dave

I just don't want to spend big bucks at the dealer when the tech's there don't know anything about adjusting ballance shafts!

So I am still numb and at a loss as how to fix it. :sad:

Know what you mean! The thing will verry well come out worse than when it went in! :evil: As for the bucks, I am still under warranty so I can get it done for nics... I hope.

You say the vibration occurs between 3K and 5K, but don't mention if it occurs at those rpm in any gear, or if it's particularly prevalent in a particular gear at that rpm range. The vibration may be road speed related, so you need to rule out the possibility of tire imbalance.

Its' definatly engin speed related. I can pull the clutch in at any speed and all goes quiet. It occures in all gears starting about 3k, then gone by5, and back again at 7k.

The motor not only buzzes in the bars/pegs (and seat a bit) but also feels 'lumpy', almost like on cyl is firing late or something There is definaly some thing out of balance some where.

Stealth, the more you explain your problem the more it sounds just like my problem, although my tank vibrates with the bars and pegs. I put my stock seat back on and now my ass buzzes also :???:

I know it's engine speed related as I have tried everything else except replacing the chain.

Have you checked out this link:?

http://www.bikersoracle.com/blackbird/foru...read.php?t=6542

-Dave

I hoped it would just " go away" with time also, then my warranty ran out :sad: I wish I would have acted up earlyer about this problem.

Now I can only wait until someone else gets theirs fixed under warranty and let us know what they did to fix it :???:

-Dave