CBR1100XX.org Forum

rear shock

pauls0311xx

From the main site, in the modifications section-

I bought the 900 shock from a local shop for $50. Many others have reported paying anywhere from $50 to $125, which is still reasonable. You will need a shock from a '93-'95 model; the later years won't fit. This will carry one of the following part numbers:

MWO-003

MWO-0132A

MWO-0132B

MAE-0032B

The Showa part numbers starting with "MAS" are the wrong part and will not fit (it is 3/4" too short).

I like my Penske 8981. Traxxion Dynamics has a Penske "Sport Shock" that several guys have been happy with.

Just put my Penske sport shock on last month, along with some 1.1 fork springs from Traxxion Dynamics. I sent them my 900RR shock for a refresh, but one of the techs called & gave me an earful about how for 150-200 more bucks, I'd get a real shock instead of the mediocre 900RR (if they're so good, why did the 900RR owner's throw them away? was his comment). Anywho, after a month and 1500 miles on the Penske, all I can say is it's much more responsive & easier to corner. Got the shock and the springs for under $700 shipped.