CBR1100XX.org Forum

Bike just stops for a second??????

KID

I was givin it out of this corner today. 2nd, 3rd, 4th,5th then relaxed and brought the speed down to about 140km. My buddy raced by me so I gave it again, then all of a sudden the bike just bogs down.

There was no noise, the Fl light came on for about a split second then everything went back to normal. I rode another 200km after that with no problems.

Is the problem the Fl system??? It's got 21,000 km on the clock and it's a 99xx. I got her about 2 months ago and the only thing I did so far was change the oil.

I'm starting to wonder if the previous owner ever changed the plugs or the air filter.

Any info on the problem I highlighted??????

The only problem I've had with my 99' was that the BAS(bank angle sensor) went bad...it killed the motor every so often...but it would always require you to turn the key off then back on to start the bike...it would never just die so a second then come back alive like nothing happened.

Check all electrical connections.....especially the relays under the seat.

Sorry can't help more than that.

Tom

I had the same problem with my F2 because the wanker that had it before me installed then uninstalled an auxillary kill switch. He was a total hack. I don't know about you, but when your leaned over in a corner in traffic and your bike goes dead then jerks back alive, its some of the scariest shit I've experienced.