CBR1100XX.org Forum

New "miracle" trim coating that blows away Trim Serum

SwampNut

There have been a few conversations about that product, and how good it is.  Or was.  It also has its downsides.  Trim Serum can run, and stays greasy-wet for many months.  I put it on my Givi trunk, and hate it.  Never considered how much I touch the thing.  And it rubs off the areas of the bike that get touched like the side covers by your knees.  I had a problem where uncured Trim Serum washed down all over the windows and car with a sudden unexpected rain right after applying it.

I just used this on the brand new plastics for the XR650R, and it made them super shiny, and slippery, but it won't rub off.  I don't have any aged plastics to try it on yet, but when the bike arrives, it will get tested on the old plastics.  Now I have to wait or work hard to remove the trim serum that I've already used so I can apply this.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SHJVK4G?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Note that it's a very high skin irritant and can cause eye damage instantly.  This is probably why it's only sold in wipes and not a liquid in a container.  The SDS is kinda scary.

Before:

D94F1936-40C0-4AE5-8702-C48DFA62BE37_1_105_c.jpeg

After:

A5715808-D31A-4839-A9E8-41EA8D651892_1_105_c.jpeg

• Useful/Thanks! 1

On 12/24/2023 at 12:26 AM, SwampNut said:

That's definitely the problem with Trim Serum.  It looks great, but get it dirty.....ugh.

Since this shit hard-coats and dries, probably not a problem.

good to hear, will toss some in my amazon cart and see how it goes. Now thinking back on the other stuff it was McGuire's Back to Black, used it on my work truck one time and even though it appeared to be dry dust clung to it like a magnet and looked terrible within minutes of being on site.