CBR1100XX.org Forum

Reserve fuel mileage

AXXKicker

just curious.

on my magna, when the bike sputters, i know that i can go to reserve (there's actually a valve under the tank) and then go about another 30 miles before attempting to run on vapor.

the 'bird doesnt have a reserve valve as such, but i know about the last fuel indicator flashing as the level reaches "x" amount.

here's the question: when that thing is flashing, how long do i have? in either time or mileage.

i've heard that the icon flashes a bit early, but dont know much beyond that.

i'm not planning on being a test pilot for this one. (for once).

brc

i think the reserve is 1.1 gallon, and i've pushed 20+ miles with the light on...but that's not something i exactly enjoyed, but i've never run it out of gas. anybody run theirs out of gas?

edited to add: mmmmmm bettie page :boobies:

This past weekend I was in the moutains and she started flashing.. I rode about 35 unpleasent miles with her flashing.. I was even holding in the clutch when going down hill to just let the bike idle and have gravity help me along.. :shock:

I was so releaved when i pulled into a gas station.. think I still put in 5.96 gallons... still had some left, but didn't hear anything splashing around when I shook the bike at the station... :???:

Suppose to have a 6.34 gallon tank.... too close for me anyways..

Just the digital ones flash.

With Joe's bike, I was running approx. 20 miles into the reserve, and would take 5.5 gallons almost every time.

Still over a half gallon or so left, but who wants to take that chance? :shock:

I swear, some times it's affected by solar flares. Today, mine started flashing, and I went 20 miles on it before stopping, and it would only take 5.1 gallons. Of course, I wasn't riding at too high a speed, as it was so heavly patrolled.

I know we were pulling onto the interstate one time I had 3 bars left.. at the average speed I lost them 3 and had it flashing within 30 miles :shock:

Then again at the speed we were going I could have ran out of gas and pulled the clutch in to coast to any gas station with in a 5 miles or so :lol:

We were late and in a hurry didn't know if running out of gas or getting popped had me more worried :twisted: