CBR1100XX.org Forum

Finished Fence Picture (link fixed)

N1K

I haven't been able to get these pictures up sooner because of my 'connectivity issues' but since those are ironed out, I wanted to post the picture of my competed fence!

I hope this works (friggen yahoo)

29261242.jpg

yeah... with all the friggen rain we've been getting... its rained like 15 out of the last 17 days or something like that... and not little rain showers.. Like DELUGES...

My lawn now looks like a jungle... was too wet to mow this weekend..

Nik, as fence's go that is one nice looking fence. I have been looking at fencing myself. But I have to go right to the ground because of my pups.

Nice job. Looks great.

Ken

That's a fantastic job Nik! Really makes the yard stand out. Is your boat in the garage at an angle or is that just an optical illusion? If I had to back that thing up like that, I would have put the stern drive through the back of the garage. :lol:

You've seen Nik, right? I'm guessing he just picks up the tounge and walks that bad boy in when the time comes.

Nice fence, buddy, things seem to be really taking shape. Were you standing on your deck when you took that, or is that still on the "to do" list?

But I have to go right to the ground because of my pups.

Yeah, here's the deal with the vinyl fencing... the sections are 5'8" instead of 6'....

And wanting to take full advantage of the zoning allowance (6 feet) I left the gap at the bottom so the top would be 6 feet. I intend to put some landscaping block along the edge about a foot in from the fence and then bakfilll with dirt so there is no gap on the bottom and plant something decorative along the bottom edge.

Is your boat in the garage at an angle or is that just an optical illusion? If I had to back that thing up like that, I would have put the stern drive through the back of the garage.

Yeah, its angled in... It HAS to be in the precise right angle and position or the garage door can't close. My garage is 25 ft deep and if I turn the drive all the way to the side then back the boat in so that one rear corner touches the back wall and the other corner touches the side wall. It fits by 3/8ths of an inch. I wish I had a removeable tongue, then I could maybe put it in straight.

I'm guessing he just picks up the tounge and walks that bad boy in when the time comes.

Actually I do put it in by hand... Its too hard to get it positioned perfectly with the truck... But the tongue weight is pretty light... tandem axle takes most the weight and then there's the tongue wheel to hold the front up.

Were you standing on your deck when you took that, or is that still on the "to do" list?

Nope... that's still on the to-do list. :wink:

My wife wants me to put up some of that vinyl fence in our back yard to keep the poodle in. Is it hard to put up by yourself? She wants the shorter 4' fencing she can see out of since the whole back yard won't be fenced in.

Actually I do put it in by hand...

I wasn't kidding. That's what I'd (attempt to) do in that situation, and I probably couldn't lift a quarter of what you can.

Um... Its pretty straightforward...

On the 'skill' level its pretty easy..

On the 'labor' side... Its kinda heavy..

I borrowed a buddies cement mixer... That made a big difference...

I also had a VERY nice auger to drill the holes. (took about 30 seconds per hole) If you see my previous thread in this section I had a better description of the auger I used.

There are different kinds of vinyl fence and each assembles differently... The way mine goes together... The most tedios part was making sure the posts were the right distance apart and plumb If they aren't perfect, the panels won't fit in between the posts (the posts get set in concrete first) if the panels are too far apart it looks bad cause there is a gap between panel and post...

Outside of that, making sure the post goes in to the right height is a pain too. The first day we used a laser level.. after that I ran a string to make sure I was staying level... (cause the laser level was borrowed)

I'm not sure how deep you would have to dig in tennessee.. You want to make sure your holes go below the frost line because if it freezes under the post/cement plug the expansion (of water freezing) will heave your posts over time.

I'm thinking in Teneesee it might not be much of an issue... And the standard 2 feet would be fine.

check with your local building inspector... they'd know.

I have fence envy, nice job

Hey... Anytime your wife wants to come sunbathe naked in my backyard, she's welcome to it!

I guess you can come too as long as you don't block my view from the patio and no fucking in my backyard....