CBR1100XX.org Forum

FS: 2000 Titanium Bird

34k highway miles, excellent condition, never down, purchased from original owner w/11k miles.

Corbin w/backrest + stock seat, full tank cover, Throttlemeisters, Honda factory shop manual,

owners manual, tool kit, complete maintenance history. All new fluids, DID chain, F/R sprockets,

F/R pads, fresh Pilot Roads (2k miles). Pro HP4 semi-synthetic w/ OEM Honda filters from day 1.

No disappointments, located in Chattanooga, TN. Asking $4500 OBO.

post-2284-1233676241.jpg

post-2284-1233676251.jpg

post-2284-1233676256.jpg

quote]

Temporary insanity, perhaps,

but this slut's calling my name.

post-2284-1233775780.jpg

Funny thing...when I blew up the picture I heard her whispering in my ear , too. I hadn't seen a RC51 in that color scheme before and, my oh my, is it good looking!

Doug,

That is a beautiful Slut.

But your a big man, and you know how it goes, If you ride a slut too long, she will become a pain.

Now a threesum.........................................

Can't you figure a way to have both?

Damn Doug, I have to reevaluate you again!!!

After more extensive web browsing, I found another RC51 advertised out

of Atlanta, an '04, 8k miles, original owner, repainted to match his '90 VFR,

never wrecked, no mechanical issues, and basically stock except for flapper

valve removal and Moriwaki Ti cans. Dude wants a more comfy bike for his

girl friend, so he's motivated to sell cheap, so cheap in fact, that I could buy

the RC and still keep the 'bird.

post-2284-1233827220.jpgpost-2284-1233827231.jpgpost-2284-1233827239.jpg

TWO HOURS PASS.....

Well hell, when something's too good to be true, it usually is.

Just got an e-mail from the seller and NOW he tells me that the

bike is in fricking Greece and HAS to be shipped to the USA,

including the necessary documentation. Seems he once worked in

Atlanta where he bought the bike, but later moved back to Greece,

taking the bike with him. A fact he conveniently omitted from his ad.

The bird remains for sale.

That RC51 is a sexy beast but she will not be comfy for any distance riding. Sometimes you just have to change bikes once in a while though.

That RC51 is a sexy beast but she will not be comfy for any distance riding. Sometimes you just have to change bikes once in a while though.

I test rode the RC51 Saturday (Cycle Specialties in Fayetteville, GA south of Atlanta) and

to be completely honest was a bit disappointed, although in all fairness I was only able to

ride the bike for a short distance and that was around the block in congested urban traffic

(not an environment in which to objectively evaluate an RC) Power was typically V-twin but

felt weak on low end compared to the 'Bird or a VTR 1000 Superhawk. But from what I've

read, RCs don't make power untill 7k. At one point, after accelerating well into 2nd gear, I

was surprised to see the digital speedo reading 80 mph - the RC felt it was barely working,

just loafing along at that speed. Deceptively quick, the feeling much different to an IL 4.

To my surprise, ergos didn't seem that bad, although the stock seat's a piece of shit. No

other way to say it. Corbin would be essential for any distance riding. Had I ridden the RC on

a suitable road, like the Cherohala, for example, I'd have loved it. It is definitely NOT a bike

suitable for city riding. Unfortunately someone had already made a deposit on the bike, so I

didn't buy it. Maybe that's a good thing. While there, the owner of the dealership threw me the

keys to his Super Duke (they're a KTM / Yamaha / Suzuki dealer) and insisted I try it. Never

having ridden a KTM (of any kind) before, I took him up. Jeeze, what an absolute HOOT to ride. :icon_biggrin:

Great ergos, seamless power delivery, Brembos, dual Akrapovics barking away, just a blast.

I didn't think I'd like the Duke, but to my surprise, I liked it better than the RC. By the time I got

home at 2 pm that afternoon, I'd logged 367 miles. Heading north on I-75 out of Atlanta, I set

birdy on 100 and never backed off till I hit the Tennessee state line. Only then did I fully realize

what a great bike the bird still is, a bike so damned-near perfect and so trouble-free that we

take it for granted. I don't really want to sell this bike as I know I'd regret it.

Doug,

keep the bird and buy my Superhawk!

:icon_biggrin:

Don't tempt me, Josh. Seriously, I have thought

about it, but I was under the impression Anita was

gonna buy it. The wheels are spinning in my head.

I need to think on this. :icon_confused:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...