CBR1100XX.org Forum

Apple Watch Series 3 Nike Edition ($199.99???)

Found it at a neighbor's house.  What a huge upgrade.  At least as big a leap as my move from a 0 to a 2.  That screen!  And the speaker is so much clearer and louder (the other one was already good enough for real speakerphone use).  Haptics are clearer, and the crown is much better, again.  The official Apple cloth loop is definitely a little better than the $12 Chinese one, although if I were paying, I still wouldn't drop $50 on the Apple version.  But I'm glad I got it for nothing.

I wish someone here would have recommended that I upgrade.

On 2/13/2019 at 11:29 AM, SwampNut said:

Sam's had a great deal for a while, but it's sold out.  What's your broken one worth on eBay?  There's always a buyer.  Mine will probably get $200, scratched up but not broken.

Don’t know. I was gonna toss it - hadn’t thought about trying to sell it.

On 2/14/2019 at 1:23 PM, SwampNut said:

Found it at a neighbor's house.  What a huge upgrade.  At least as big a leap as my move from a 0 to a 2.  That screen!  And the speaker is so much clearer and louder (the other one was already good enough for real speakerphone use).  Haptics are clearer, and the crown is much better, again.  The official Apple cloth loop is definitely a little better than the $12 Chinese one, although if I were paying, I still wouldn't drop $50 on the Apple version.  But I'm glad I got it for nothing.

I wish someone here would have recommended that I upgrade.

Yeah - definitely a win for me, especially since my hearing going to shit (Jets, guns, helicopters and motorcycles - who would have thought).

I rescued the Amazon metal band off my series 2 - I like the feel of the metal band better.

Since you brought this up again....

HOLY SHIT THAT SCREEN!

It's just fucking amazing.  So much more space and info on it, yet it's more clear and larger too.  I still look at the screen and get distracted by how fantastic it looks.

I really like the Apple fabric Sport Loop.  The best thing a watch can do for me is be light and not noticeable, that does the best job.  The Amazon $12 clone of that band was good, but the Apple one is certainly better.

22 hours ago, SwampNut said:

Since you brought this up again....

HOLY SHIT THAT SCREEN!

It's just fucking amazing.  So much more space and info on it

6EEBDDD3-E8C1-4B35-BF3B-65B1E49664F2.thumb.jpeg.67dea30a78de2751927bf253fa5c4f81.jpeg

Agreed - more gadgets on the screen and still more readable.

At a friends recommendation I put a case/screen protector on it and I dig it. Like a frogskin rubber but stiff and thin. Should help with minor wear - didn’t effect the screen at all.

14B36550-CB02-4FF5-A836-14AF85FC1128.thumb.png.4c191a6cb42ea30bfc1798d3de7f8bea.png

42 minutes ago, SwampNut said:

Is the screen still as smooth and slippery as glass?  I mostly would rather just have the wear, the effect on resale value seems to be tiny--$30 or so.

Pretty much - if you drag a nail across it you can feel a little more rubbery texture than just glass - but its really thin. The whole thing is molded to the shape of the watch and fits tight. I had put a number of small scratches on my series 2 over the last couple years.... nothing like the TSA added up still enough to annoy a little. I'm hoping this reduces that... and for $12...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My original Watch was in really nice shape when I upgraded.  I was really paranoid about it, and was super careful.  The second was scratched up in weeks and looked like hell when I sold it.  Current one is pristine even three months into it.  WTF?  I don't think I've changed anything.  I still take it off only to sleep, not to work on cars, or anything else I do.