CBR1100XX.org Forum

i miss my XX. Looking to build one

Some of you may know that my XX was taken by my ex in the breakup and I truly miss it. The down side of this is I can't seam to sell anything to be able to buy one and seeing as winter is close I figured I might have the time to build one.

So I'm calling on my friends to see who has what and what's all out there. I don't have a lot of extra money but I should be able to piece one together over time with all of your guys help. I would if at all possible like to go with injection but its not a deal breaker.

Or if anyone knows of another option I'm all ears but getting a loan is out of the question

I have complete brake setups sealed and stock exhaust cans, header and some other tid bits we could work sometin out cheap :icon_evilgrin:

If you can find a crashed one (obviously not badly and still roadworthy) that is often the best start,then the rest of us can help you from there,I don't have much left but still have bits and pieces .

I have bought my last 2 bikes as wrecks and saved a ton that way.

I'm waiting for rockme to get home from vacation to see what he had all stored away and then ill go from there. I'd love to find a wreck but my area doesn't see a whole lot of xx's so I figured I'd put the word out and hope I have enough cash ready when one pops up

I have a few of the damaged body panels from when my '99 was stolen. If you can plastic weld they are useable.

I have the nose cone with about an 8 inch crack on the left side. Tail cowl with a broken tab on the front right mount.

A lower side, I believe left. A mirror housing, two windscreens, maybe the stock clip ons. Front and rear wheels that had bearings spin in the hubs. So they would have to be repaired some how.

I have a few of the damaged body panels from when my '99 was stolen. If you can plastic weld they are useable.

I have the nose cone with about an 8 inch crack on the left side. Tail cowl with a broken tab on the front right mount.

A lower side, I believe left. A mirror housing, two windscreens, maybe the stock clip ons. Front and rear wheels that had bearings spin in the hubs. So they would have to be repaired some how.

What are you looking to get for it. I can repair some stuff

Hunt on cycle trader. You can find wrecked bikes there all the time. Ebay too.

I bought a fliped over '04 gsxr750 for $3000 and it came with ALL of the replacement parts! 1.5 days in the garage and it was tip top. Haven't had a single problem.

It is rough around the edges, but for a sport and touring bike, i love it. I don't think i'll ever buy new again, since i love having kick around bikes with some scratches and dents. Not picking up chicks on them anymore. :)

What are you looking to get for it. I can repair some stuff

Pm forthcoming.

• 3 weeks later...
...Gibbs, any luck with this yet?

Actually yes. One of the guys has offered me a nice 2002 for a price I can't refuse. And since he didn't plan on selling till spring and doesn't need the cash has aloud me all winter to come up with the money. So instead of buying a piece here and there I can save and get a running bike. It needs some love but it'll be a great start and with the mileage that's on it should last me for many years to come. I couldn't be happier and can't wait to bring her home

...has he given you a parts list of things that need replacement at all?

'He' is me, and other than the bodywork being underwhelming and routine maintenance stuff, it should be fine. I've had it in pieces for awhile after robbing parts off it for my TurboBird, but I'm putting it back together now. I'm glad Caleb's not in a hurry, because I'm lazy. Ha.

...has he given you a parts list of things that need replacement at all?

'He' is me, and other than the bodywork being underwhelming and routine maintenance stuff, it should be fine. I've had it in pieces for awhile after robbing parts off it for my TurboBird, but I'm putting it back together now. I'm glad Caleb's not in a hurry, because I'm lazy. Ha.

I'm so damn excited about it you could give it to me the way it sits and I'd put it together. Now I just have to go back to my corner and earn the cash the hard way