CBR1100XX.org Forum

Removed LEFT side stator / starter gear to polish cover.

chatvmax

When I removed the cover the gear that rides on the cover between the starter and the crank flywheel came out,,

obviously its just a starter gear and does not matter which position it goes back in,,,,,

right,,?? Thanks :-)

ps: any got ya's i should know about...

When I removed the cover the gear that rides on the cover between the starter and the crank flywheel came out,,

obviously its just a starter gear and does not matter which position it goes back in,,,,,

I don't know for sure, but if you put it in backwards, won't the teeth line-up on oposite sides of the gear itself? Perhaps the gears have worn into each other and getting it backwards would induce a louder noise when trying to start? Just my 1cent.

I don't know for sure, but if you put it in backwards, won't the teeth line-up on oposite sides of the gear itself? Perhaps the gears have worn into each other and getting it backwards would induce a louder noise when trying to start? Just my 1cent.

it will only go in facing one way and mate to the starter and the crank, i understand that,,, but i didnt see any markings on the gears like a cam "dot" marking,,, but that would make no sense,, its just a starter gear ,, it shouldnt need "timed" ....

You're fucked. Sell it.

I'll give you $5.

Just put it back together. Get a new gasket, use black permatex, just in case.

You're fucked. Sell it.

I'll give you $5.

Just put it back together. Get a new gasket, use black permatex, just in case.

dam,,, i already budgeted the 5 bucks into my gas money,,,

are u sure u want to back out

mint 99 fi xx black new rubber, 7k orig miles...

4.75....?

[ i figured,, i can only go in one way,, i just got done polishing the cover out tonight,,, jap bike manufactures leave casting marks all over.. :-) but it came out really nice...... suprised i dont see more people doing it,,,

I polished out my entire vmax,,, water pump cover, scoops, clutch cover, side covers,, everything u see,, NO chrome,, all hand polished.. :-)

post-9616-1199931421.jpg

Your V-Max looks great! Don't listen to the dirty crowd around here. They are just lazy. :icon_biggrin:

i am 47,, and just married a 34 year old,,,

SSSOO i have alot of unspent energy in my right hand so to speak,,,, so why not keep polishing,,,, :-)))

PS: mrbadexample is the man,, i got my forks back in one piece and on the bike and it turns awesome....!!!