CBR1100XX.org Forum

Will it fit my '97 XX ?

StPeteXX

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2414211420

Item is for a D&D full exhaust. Description says that it's for a 1999-2002. Any idea what the difference is and why it wouldn't fit my '97 ?

I think the black can would match my XX great and the chrome mid pipe would match my polished swing arm and frame sliders nicely.

I currently have a full Muzzy with CF canister that I would be removing.

Thanks for any help.

Rich

StPeteXX

Not too sure but the reason might be our 97's are carbed and not FI. Also beware, the reason D & D is so cheap it is ungodly loud!

Ken

I'd get the model number from whoever posted it and cross reference it with D&D. I'd say there are definite questions as to whether an exhaust system that was designed for a fuel injected bike would work for a carbed bike. At the least, rejetting might be required. I've also seen a lot of posts deriding the quality of D&D systems on other CBR forums. Just some considerations.....

I loved my D&D slip ons I had on my first 00 blackbird but they are not for everyone. They really are LOUD as HELL!!!!!. NO really I mean LOUD!!!!!!. But they sound great.

Notice, he's having to yell a little? It's 'cause his hearing is

damaged from the loud D&D's...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:cool: TJ :cool:

Spoke directly with D&D yesterday. They said it will not fit my '97.

I would really like a dual exhaust again. Would it matter if I picked up another set of factory headers and put on a pair of slip-ons or should I just look for a good deal on a full dual system? I know what I would like to do, but I am trying to keep costs down do to saving for a new home.

Rich

I have to second what Joe said. The only difference would be Honda OEM exhaust had cats in the mid-pipes; which D&D doesn't install in their aftermarket units anyway.............

I'm not sure what year Honda started adding the cats, I know my 1998 carbed 'bird didn't have them. And the 2002 pipes "XX" David sent me had them....................(Then again his bike is most likely a California model.)