CBR1100XX.org Forum

Looking for wheelie bars

The only company that I know of that made a bolt-on kit was Pingel, and I don't see it on their site anymore.  Maybe if you call them they still have one or can assemble one for you?  Good luck finding one because the only person that ever bought a set from Pingel was apparently... me! 😁

10 hours ago, Furbird said:

The only company that I know of that made a bolt-on kit was Pingel, and I don't see it on their site anymore.  Maybe if you call them they still have one or can assemble one for you?  Good luck finding one because the only person that ever bought a set from Pingel was apparently... me! 😁

And Jon Haney.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2023 at 7:45 PM, Furbird said:

I am curious. Do you have a picture?

I'd have to unbury the dead to get you a picture of mine, but IIRC the upper mounts replace the brackets for the passenger footpegs, and the lower mount is one gigantic T.  The T is upside down, the shaft replaces the shock and makes it an adjustable strut to make the rear suspension solid (so the only suspension you have left is the front), and the ends of the T are where the lower mounts of the wheelie bars attach.  They line up with the outer edges of the rear subframe of the bike so everything is square.

BTW, I was only joking (clearly) earlier, but Jon Haney had to modify his for his setup.  Mine are straight up stock.  Pingel stuff is excellent so even if you had to fab mounts it would still be the way to go because at least you wouldn't have to build the actual bars, plus you'd be getting quality parts and not jerry-rigging crap out of skateboard parts like we used to do back in the day.

• Upvote 3

On 5/6/2023 at 12:55 AM, CALCXX said:

Made my own decades ago. It was easy since it had dual shocks. 

Never tried with a monoshock bike. Must Tig weld a swingarm mount ?

Or make it so that it clamps onto the swingarm.