CBR1100XX.org Forum

Recovering from the holidays and having a cold.

TFT

I gained weight over the holidays. At the peak I weighed 195.3 lbs

Over the holidays we had a lot of desserts, lots of carbs and didn't get to the gym as often as I wanted. Then we had the blizzard which shut down the roads and again no trips to the gym. And then I was sick for over a week with a cold and when I'm sick for some reason I crave carbs.

Anyway, back in the gym 5 days/week, cut out all the crap I was eating and yesterday I weighed 187.9. This took 2 weeks. 

My goal is back to 185, just a few lbs to go. 

• Upvote 1

Piggybacking here on goals and food.  Many years ago my A1C had gone over 6.  Doctor said to get it to 5.5.  Moderation is the key to failure so I want 5.  This is all by cutting out processed foods, animals, salt, and oil.  I am not particularly restricting carbs all around but do try to minimize junk white carbs.  The old wisdom was to cut them all out, it turns out that other garbage besides sugar fucks up your glycemic response, including salt and oil.

image.png

As a simplistic explanation, A1C is the damage done by high blood sugar over time, not your "now" blood sugar which is very transient.  I have a relative whose blood sugar is always just barely high when he tests it in the morning.  He never tests after the half tub of ice cream and loaf of bread.  His A1C is 7+ and he's in bad shape.

This morning I weighed 185.6, down from 195.3.  That's just short of 10 lbs in one month. 

Except for my morning coffee I cut out all sugar. When I say I cut out sugar I realize there is sugar in fruits, but there is no other sugar that I consume. I have my dinner size meal at around 4:00 pm which consists of chicken, salad  and sometimes brown & wild rice. After that if I feel hungry I eat an apple and maybe a Wasa Swedish style whole grain Crispbread cracker which is only 30 calories. The cracker seems to satisfy any hunger issues. 

Sometimes I have the Cripsbread cracker with a small slice on Monterey Jack cheese. Delicious!! 

Wasa Whole Grain Swedish Style, Crispbread