CBR1100XX.org Forum

Where does this vacuum hose go?

Suf Daddy

I changed the air filter today.

There are four outlets and three hoses to the fuel cut off switch under the gas tank.

1997 CBR1100xx carb.

There is a black line which looks like it goes to the back of the block from the fuel switch.

does it go to the straight out line?

Or the 90 degree nipple at the bottom of the switch.

The other two are fat fuel lines in and out to the carbs.

I wish I could post a photo here. I have one if you need it. Its 640x480 not 6 gazillion mega pixels.

This link to a URL sucks.

-Suf Daddy

TIA Thanks in Advance

does it go to the straight out line?

Or the 90 degree nipple at the bottom of the switch

The 90 degree nipple...... that goes into the center of the diaphram (the circular part that faces forward). It will be the furthest forward "outlet" on the "switch".

Hope this makes sense.

The one you want is the one that goes into the center of the circle that faces forward. This is the vacuum operated diaphram that opens the fuel flow. It will be the connection that is the farthest forward (toward the front of the bike) on the switch.

There is another nipple-looking thing that is at the very bottom of the housing that is designed trick you into taking it to the dealer when you hook your vacuum line to it. :wink: Again this is at the lowest point on the housing. You can see it from 360degrees whereas the one you want won't be visible from the back of the bike. Nothing attaches to this "nipple" at the bottom........only the one on the front.

I don't know how to describe it any better without a picture.

• 2 weeks later...
There is another nipple-looking thing that is at the very bottom of the housing that is designed trick you into taking it to the dealer when you hook your vacuum line to it.

LMAO! Too true man. I haven't done that personally but I think there are a lot of guys who have.