CBR1100XX.org Forum

Part Source Request

sykotek-xx

Hey,

One of the slider diaphragms on the ninja 600 I'm working on has a tear in it. I would like to replace it, but I can only find the rubber diaphragm as an assembly with the entire slider, in the neighborhood of $60 to $90. I only need the rubber diaphragm. I have removed and replaced this torn one in question so I know it can be done. Anyone know where I can find someone who sells only the rubber and not the entire slider?

Thanks!

Plasti-Dip is the SHIT.

Looks like it might actually work, letting it set up till tomorrow before I reinstall. The tear is gone, the line in the close up pic is the edge of the last coat I put on.

I bought both the aerosol (spray can) and the liquid dip can. The aerosol was too thin and wouldn't work right. The dip worked perfect though, much thicker.

PS - the pics are that new Fuji Finepix S700 7mp camera I just got. It's the shit as well. Here's a closeup of an iridium plug., holding both the camera and the plug freehand.

post-2327-1189990903.jpg

post-2327-1189990942.jpg

post-2327-1189990949.jpg

post-2327-1189990986.jpg

post-2327-1189991009.jpg

This will be interesting.

My thoughts exactly.... 8)

I'm not even sure if the problem with the bike (revs fine at idle but loses power under load) is totally due to this diaphragm. Like I said I'll put Humpty Dumpty back together after work today and report. :)

Guess what..... Worked perfect!

The bike runs almost perfect now, pulls like crazy and there is no more bogging when I give it gas.

Bad news is that somehow something is fucked in the #3 carb now (not the one I did the diaphragm trick in, that was #1) and when I park it, it started streaming gas out of it. The float must be fucked up, or that float valve is either dislodged or fell off the float. These carbs are next to impossible to get on and off, like an hour and a half total for the R&R. I'm starting to hate this bike. Took it for another ride hoping to settle the float back into place and it smokes like crazy (black) now and burbles off idle. Still has it's MASSIVE 1994 600CC TOP END though. :)

Anyway, the plasti dip trick worked. Longevity will be another question, but for now it fixed the problem.