CBR1100XX.org Forum

where can I buy this stuff online?

kg4fku

I need a good place on-line to buy a good set of straps and a canyon dancer from. Preferable a place that has a good rep for bing fast and the items in stock ready to ship.

thanks guys

Just got back from my trip. The bar harness works fairly well. It put more stress on the body work than I liked but nothing broke during transport. You definitely want to use the PVC pipe on the grips. I think I used thin walled 1 1/4" ID.

I have to go 1500 miles round trip with it in the back of my pickup. How long did you make the pvc pipe? I assume you made a handle bar extender out of it. How bad did it rub? Did it take paint of the upper fairing?

Just long enough to cover the rubber of the grips, somewhere around 4 or so inches. When you get the straps you will be able to see how long to cut the PVC pieces. It worked well. When I got to N.C. the throttle was a little tight but I have a throttle lock that must have had a little preesure put on it. A little adjustment and it was fine. On the return trip I noticed no such tightness. I wrapped a rag on each strap where they were rubbing. No paint was removed or scuffing. I also used a u shaped wheel chock to give the front tire a good place to anchor against. Definitely a must to keep all in order. It was around 50 bucks at the local trailer store.

I bought a canyon dancer and ended up giving it away. It bound uncomfortably tight around my controls on the XX. The horn was pressed etc, etc. It obviously depends on the angle of the tie down anchors, but since I can't change that, I had to loose the Canyon Dancer.

It put more stress on the body work than I liked but nothing broke during transport. You definitely want to use the PVC pipe on the grips. I think I used thin walled 1 1/4" ID.

Hey Mike, where did it touch the bodywork? I use mine all the time and it never gets anywhere near the bodywork. I tried the PVC but it is too rigid and broke when I took it off. What I found works better is the tubes that you put into a golf bag and holds the clubs. It is softer and more pliable. Cut mine to extend just over the bar ends and then slit them length-wise. Grips did not ride up and gets no where near any controls.

DAMN! DAMN! DAMN! SON OF A BIATCH! Washed the bike tonight for the first time since the trip. I noticed two small cracks in the fairing. FUCK! I aint one of those anal guys whos always cleanin my bike or worried my bling factor but DAMN! This just plain SUXX! Be careful using that harness. I think the position of the anchor points has a lot to do w/ it. Mine were forward and down. Consider yourself warned!

Just check everything once you have the bike strapped down. I've used the canyon dancer many times. We had an XX and a ZX-12 loaded into the back of an 04 Dodge Ram Short Box (Not alot of room to play around) both bikes using Canyon Dancers and tie downs to the stock hooks. Took the bikes from Ottawa to Tampa and back ( About 5000kms/3100 miles) and neither bike showed any ill effects.

Nothing but good things to say about Canyon Dancers! :wink:

Cameron