CBR1100XX.org Forum

Backfire

Mr.XX

the bike is a 97 with dynojet stage 1 kit , K&N filter Two bros slip-ons

it has been popping back thru the carbs and is also running rich ...is this common with the jet kit?

this didnt happen before I had it jetted

Any of you carbed pilots got any input??

:cool:

Why do you think it's running rich?

Backfiring is usually caused by a lean condition, but I've seen a bad bog from the needles adjusted too high (rich).

What, specifically, are your settings. Whoever helps you out here will need to know what you set your needles at, and your pilot screws.

Do you know what size jets your using :?:

With slipons there is not much increased airflow even with a K&N so I would suggest 142's and not go any higher than 145's Also, what position are the aftermarket needles set at :?: Who jetted the bike? did they use a dyno w/ a air/fuel meter or the "seat of the pants" dyno?

Backfire on decel ...

dont know the jet size ...just bought the recomended kit and had it install at a local shop.... no dyno , seat of the pants ...was thinking of taking it to be dynoed soon though ... trying to find a place I can trust to do the work right.

I think its rich cause the pipes are black ... fuel economy sucks and my cousin who rides with me say he can smell my exhaust .... :lol:

when riding behind me ....(go ahead I left that door open)

:cool:

Even after re-jetting my gas mileage is still decent. Pipes are slightly black but they were before I changed the jets. Mileage varies between mid 30s to low 40s depending on riding habits for the day.

If your Bird didnt do this before, you know that it is in the jetting. Sounds like your boys that installed it didnt do the job correctly my friend. You might want to e-mail or call DynoJet and tell them the problems. I have delt with them before and have had good luck. At least you will have the knowledge of whats wrong before you go back to the place you had it installed and raise hell !!!! Make them make it right !

Good luck :lol: