CBR1100XX.org Forum

Fork springs/sag

v00d00child

(Of the oil, TIM....)

LOL :lol: . Just make sure there's no bits of colored plastic in there.

A good place to start with the sag is a total spring/spacer length a little longer than stock. You can always cut it down a bit more, but adding length is more of a pain.

Racetech recommends 20mm of preload, which is easily measured when you're installing.

Set your spings & spacers in place, then put the fork cap on top of that. Distance between the top of the fork, and the underside of the nut (not the threaded section) where it seats on the fork should be 20mm. That's where mine started, but I had to add another 6mm of preload to get my sag where I wanted it with the 1.0kg springs.

If you go with the 1.05's, 20mm should get you very close, within a washer or two of where you want your sag.

I am also thinking of replacing fork springs, since I think the front end's kinda soft for my liking, but am new to the BB so, could some one that has done this please provide info on exactly how to make my spring selection and what exactly I will have to do in order to install/set the front end up? I'm 193lbs but frequently I will be ridding 2 up (the wife's 125lbs) and my BB is a 97 model.

Thanks for the help,

gcp

PS. Is there a description of this work already on this board?