CBR1100XX.org Forum

ATTN; AVON TIRE GUYS (or anyone else)

bbirdxx2000

With all this talk about the 45/46 which are great tires :grin: (based on your replies) My question is this. Am I the only one running the Pilot Roads :???: :???: . I am not regretting getting the Avons cause my Roads are the best tires I ever had :grin: . but their has to be a few of you out their who is running the "ROADS" :???: 1200 miles, no sigh of wear :cool:

"ROAD" owners sound off :wink:

I'm currently running a set of the Pilot Roads, just not on the Blackbird (they're on a '96 K1100RS). I have about 4K miles on them, and expect about 8K miles on the rear, maybe 12 out of the front before replacement. They have so far been a good compromise between wear and grip, and have stayed in balance. I would not hesitate to run them again.

got a hair over 2k on the roads on the bird. love 'em, definitely a lot of road feel though. no sign of wear so far, can't believe it as I've been pretty foolish out there lately. great in the wet, too.

Am I the only one running the Pilot Roads

Definitely not. I've had my eye on these bad boyz for some time now, but I still had a stockpile of BT-020's to run through first (scored several sets of 020's last year from my side work in web development.)

Still got one more set of BT-020's sitting in the garage, but, screw it, I am mounting a set of Pilot Roads for BLISTER endurance rally in the latter part of May.

Incidently, the Pilot Roads are getting exceptional reviews on the FJR1300 and ST1300 forums....

I just turned 2k miles on my 'Roads last weekend. No cupping, no signs of wear yet. They take a few minutes to warm up, but then they stick pretty well for the rest of the ride.

I still had a stockpile of BT-020's to run through first

I'm currently still running my BT-45's. Now it's time to replace them. I don't really want to go the Avon route, heard a few bad things about them.

How do you like the BT-020's? I was thinking of going the 010-020 route.

Your thoughts?

:shock: BT- 45's !!! You mean BT-57's ?

I had a good run on BT-57's, then on Pirelli GTS's, them on Macadam 100's and now I want the 'Roads !!! But as Warchild, I have some almost free BT 010 front , 010 rear and 020 rear, that I'll probably put on....

Should I :?:

So I second Obby, how are the BT's Warchild? Should I go BT010/010 or 010/020 ???

I want to have a clean conscience that I used those BT tires befor I buy the Pilots :wink:

I was jonesing to post something so here goes. I am trentxx from the old board, recently got some new tires...

Mail ordered the Pilot Sport HPX's to replace the stock BT57s w/ 11K on them. Just a hair over 300.00 to my door from kneedraggers.com, took the wheels off and let cyclegear change and balance the tires for 14.99 ea. My confidence into turns has increased with the much stickier than stock HPX's. I slid the tires too many times to push the stockers too much but the mileage was great! I thought I would splurge on some fancy tires and try these out and they seem to be wearing very well. 750 miles so far.

I replaced the brakes at the time too with the Honda brand pads. Much better stopping with new brakes, the rear was holding up fine but one side on the front needed it so I did em all.

Trent