CBR1100XX.org Forum

mobil 1 0w-40 vs the world

tomek

Here are some dyno results from Forced Induction Performance Tunning by A.Graham Bell.

Car is Subaru Liberty Rs turbo;

Mobil 1 5w50 304.3hp

Amsoil 10w40 306.5hp

Mobil1 0w40 311.2hp (!!!!)

Castrol Syntec 0w30 305.1

Now I`m not saying you won`t have a clutch problems with these oil or should run it in the road bike but for race or drug bikes it is worth trying.

Hell,clutch is almost gone on my r1 anyway,I`m going to try that 0w40 Mobil 1.

It can be found in Walmart or Autozone.

Here are some dyno results from Forced Induction Performance Tunning by A.Graham Bell.

Car is Subaru Liberty Rs turbo;

Mobil 1 5w50 304.3hp

Amsoil 10w40 306.5hp

Mobil1 0w40 311.2hp (!!!!)

Castrol Syntec 0w30 305.1

Now I`m not saying you won`t have a clutch problems with these oil or should run it in the road bike but for race or drug bikes it is worth trying.

Hell,clutch is almost gone on my r1 anyway,I`m going to try that 0w40 Mobil 1.

It can be found in Walmart or Autozone.

There is one problem I can see with this...........The car does not have a wet clutch like a bike so you might as well say you are having a taste test between Apples and Oranges and see if they taste the same!

There is one problem I can see with this...........The car does not have a wet clutch like a bike so you might as well say you are having a taste test between Apples and Oranges and see if they taste the same
!

Well you did`t read my entire post,there is a little disclaimer addressing wet clutch issue,so that what the problem is.

I just provided piece of information,you can use it however you want,but it is not apple and banana.

There are members of this forum who own bikes with dry clutches who could gain couple hp,2-3hps?.How much do you gain from typical slip-on?

Clutch on my R1 is almost gone anyway so I`m going to try this 0W-40 before is replaced.

Well you did`t read my entire post,there is a little disclaimer addressing wet clutch issue,so that what the problem is.

I just provided piece of information,

No, that is cool, but the oil was tested on a car engine not a motorcycle engine, and it would be great if the tests where done on Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki. But it was a subaru Turbo.

RPMs are higher in a motorcycle then in a car. I know I hit 8,9,10 and 11000 RPMs at times. can That 0w-40 take that kind of abuse?

I don't know about anyone else on this forum, but I would like to see a redline chart?

But thanks for the info dude! :beer:

BTW-you should change that slipping clutch before you throw a rod form to many lose reves! I have a friend that just blow his R1 motor because of a bad clutch.

Let us know how the oil holds up. :wink: