CBR1100XX.org Forum

My horn fell off

Jaygermeister

Went to get my yearly safety inspection and when I tried sounding my horn for the inspector nothing happened.......hmm .......Let me check for a lose wire................. I’ll say it was lose there was no horn just the wires hanging down........ :shock: ......... WTF if it’s not one thing it’s another with this bike it needs gas, then it needs oil and talk about eating tires! :grin: Anyway got an autozone horn and zipped tied that baby in there....... got my sticker.

Guess I'll keep her.

Jay

Went to get my yearly safety inspection and when I tried sounding my horn for the inspector nothing happened.......hmm .......Let me check for a lose wire................. I’ll say it was lose there was no horn just the wires hanging down........ :shock:  ......... WTF if it’s not one thing it’s another with this bike it needs gas, then it needs oil and talk about eating tires!  :grin:  Anyway got an autozone horn and zipped tied that baby in there....... got my sticker.

Guess I'll keep her.

Jay

How Does the autozone horn sound? Is it louder? Im not the worlds biggest fan of the XX horn. I like the sound of dual horns much better. Plus they add 5HP.

Went to get my yearly safety inspection and when I tried sounding my horn for the inspector nothing happened.......hmm .......Let me check for a lose wire................. I’ll say it was lose there was no horn just the wires hanging down........ :shock:  ......... WTF if it’s not one thing it’s another with this bike it needs gas, then it needs oil and talk about eating tires!  :grin:  Anyway got an autozone horn and zipped tied that baby in there....... got my sticker.

Guess I'll keep her.

Jay

How Does the autozone horn sound? Is it louder? Im not the worlds biggest fan of the XX horn. I like the sound of dual horns much better. Plus they add 5HP.

The Autozone horn is 133 decibels, I’m not sure what the stock decibels are? But the new horn seems louder and it sounds like the same octave as the original of course I don’t use it much no telling how long it’s been missing..... when I get pissed I use the throttle. :twisted: Also the new horn is an inch bigger

Oh and to top it off now I need to adjust my chain,,, POS!!!! :lol:

Jay