CBR1100XX.org Forum

CC question. Help!

xxxbirdxxx

I know I heard a lot of you XX owners talk about the CC. I am not sure if that is what I am hearing but it is constant and sound like a chain that is rattling around inside of my engine. :banghead:

Can you guys help me with this and where can I get the kit you guys talk about that will fix this problem. And how much is it?

The bike only has 15600 miles on her so would I be correct in assuming that is what I hear?

Thanks guys.

Sounds like it.

You missed the boat on the CCT's, however. You could always buy the Honda part to replace it with (they have been updated again), and let us know how that one holds up.....?

Cheap ($30 range), and 15 minutes to replace.

Now quit beating your head against the wall........

It's as easy as Northman says. Getting ready and cleaning up takes longer than doing the job. :grin:

If I remember right, my original tensioner had a green paint dot on it and the replacement has two green dots. The part number was also slightly different. The new part was a -315 number.

The new tensioner has been in my bike for about 4K miles with no problems at all.

(edited to add dash number and the paint dot info.)

The stock (updated version) CCT is available and in stock at

www.hondadirectline.com

They are about $30.00 with $5.00 shipping in the US. I was just talking with them yesterday and they had 5 on hand.

You can call them Toll-free: 1-888-258-6699 Monday after 0830

Canada,

How did you replace it without removing the fairing? I can't even see in there much less stuff my oversized paw in that little bitty space. Of course, with the fairing off it took me half an hour to replace the thing. :grin: