CBR1100XX.org Forum

900RR spring...anyone make an 18kg?

CasterTroy

It would be a custom, and you'd be paying big bucks. If I were you, I'd buy a shock from the aftermarket, and pass on the 9 year old 900 RR shock. The 900 RR owners replace this shock with an aftermarket unit. What does that tell you?

Check out Lindeman Engineering. They put a 1000lb Eibach spring (and custom collar) on my 900rr shock for 130 OTD.

By the way, what is the conversion formula for the springs? Anyone?

-Bob

It would be a custom, and you'd be paying big bucks.    If I were you, I'd buy a shock from the aftermarket, and pass on the 9 year old 900 RR shock.    The 900 RR owners replace this shock with an aftermarket unit.   What does that tell you?

Well....it tells me that if I can get my hands on a shock for $40, a spring for $100, and have the local race shop rebuild it for $40 that I might have something thats pretty much better than stock for 1/3 cost of an ohlins :cool: That sound good ;) ?

I just put a Hyper-Pro progressive rate spring on my 900RR shock ..I installed it last week ...got to ride it yesterday a little ...feels good ....I am 260lbs ..I am gonna fiddle with the settings on the shock to see if I can make it better (or worse) :roll: ....anyone have any idea on what base settings I should start with

Oh BTW the spring was like $109 + shipping, i think

:cool:

• 3 weeks later...
pounds per inch divided by 25.4 divided by 2.2= kg per mm

so, your 1000 lb/in spring is a 17.9 kg/mm

Thanks for the info RR. I have been trying to find this for a long time.

Also, I picked up my 900rr shock on eBay for $20 shipped to my door.

Lindeman of course wanted me to consider something new and aftermarket but they also said that I would easily see a 100% ride improvement with the 900rr shock and the appropriate spring. Although they didn't come right out and say it, they hinted around that if I wanted to have my 900rr shock completely rebuilt by them (new spring, custom collar, oil, complete revalving, etc...) it would be on par with a mid-priced, comparible aftermarket unit (two-way Penske, perhaps).

That service was quoted at $325. So, for less than $350, you'll have a shock that performs like those costing ~600 bucks. 1/2 price = I'm there :grin: