CBR1100XX.org Forum

Opening Yosh Cans

blackhawkxx

Hope this don't sound too stupid but my Yosh slip-ons have four screws on either end. To take the cans apart, after removing the screws, does the end cap come off or does the outer sleeve slide off? If someone has done this already, it might make my life just a little easier.

I TOOK THE BOLTS OFF BUT COULD NOT GET THE END OFF, MAYBE IT MUST BE DONE WITH THE CANS OFF THE BIKE AND USING A STICK LIKE THE OLD DAYS.

OK, I haven't had a Yosh core out before, but............

On most any other can, you remove the screws from the outlet end of the can, and pull the core out, with the tailpipe attached to it.

Might need to wiggle it a bit, but the sleeve stays attached to the front of the muffler.

Hope it helps.

• 2 weeks later...

HEY IF YOU DO GET THEM OUT TO REPACK, LET ME KNOW. I MIGHT TRY AGAIN IN A FEW MONTHS. STILL TRYING TO GET ALL THE PLACTICS TOGETHER FOR ANOTHER REPAINT. I THINK I WILL USE GOOD PAINT THIS TIME.

I haven't had to try anything like that on my XX yet, but did have to take the insert out of my XR600. It was incredibly tight, so much in fact that I thought they welded it in there. What I did was start the bike up and let the muffler get hot, then carefully took a pair of pliers and pulled the baffle out. Your exhause may be much more complicated then my XR600 exhaust, but perhaps heating it up may help; it did for me.