CBR1100XX.org Forum

iillumiglo Gauge

the biker

Hi Guys,

I have just added some new gauges to me 1999 BB they look great only problem I have is when I put all the clocks back together my Temp and Fuel gauges don't work, they go up to the top setting when the power is on, Temp Gauge is on HOT even though the engine is not running, I would like to ask is anyone has done the same and if you have had any problems and does anyone know how I can reset them

Thanks Guys.

Ride long and hard

Without pics, my first thought is that the terminals for the gauges are reversed to what's on the circuit board (or vice versa) I don't know what's been replaced, just the gauges or the whole cluster.

I'm troubleshooting a speedometer issue, so I've had more time behind the instrument cluster than I care to admit. :(

Also, do you have part numbers for what you bought? Maybe a fresh pair of eyes can spot something about the product that you missed.

Okay, had a chance to look them up. Just a cosmetic upgrade? Odd. The reinstall of gauges should be fool proof.

Did you use all the same size screw when attaching the gauges to the cluster? The real short ones secure that small circuit board that triggers the reserve light. IIRC, the long ones go to the temp and fuel gauges. The rest are used everywhere else. If you have mixed sizes being used on the fuel and temp gauges, it's possible a circuit isn't being completed even if the screw went all the way in and stays in.

Edited by Aunt Sylvia
  • Upvote 1

Thnaks Aunt

• Like you have found the gauges are just a cosmetic refit, I took all screws out one by one and they went back in the same hole, I have been out on the bike and the temp gauge is working as it goes up well over the HOT line and I think the fuel might be working as well ( but still looking into this one) and I have no speedo, I think its something to do with me taking out the needle to get the new gauge on, so out of all I only have the tech that still working.
  • Will pull all apart again to see what else I can do, any more advice?
  • Peter

• 3 weeks later...