CBR1100XX.org Forum

clutch is squealing like a pig

poida

gday hank.its good to be back on the bike again.

i honestly cant remember with the vent hole although i am pretty certain (99.9%) i would have fit it exactly how the old original one sat in there. was over 6 months ago that i changed it out and i sometimes have trouble remembered what i did today let alone 6 months ago.

.when i change out the coolant i flush the old stuff out with distilled water a couple of times before filling with honda coolant.ive never used an actual flushing compound in the system.so dont know if the engine needs some of that stuff run through it or not.ive never used coolant flushing compound in any of my vehicles as i dont know if it can actually do any damage or if its perfectly safe .

i guess another option is i can drain the system and take off the water pump hoses and it may be possible to see if the water pump blades are worn.

just seemed odd that when i noticed it wasnt cooling down as quick as usual that i hadnt done any recent work on the bike that i could blame it on..