CBR1100XX.org Forum

Blue Flame Dual port cans and PCII...

perrotpx

Hi there!

I am a newbie in here, but a proud owner of a Red Bird FI 2000 (nobody's perfect, but I do love this red).

I would like to change the stock exhaust cans but do not know which one I should go for. I am riding this XX pretty tough all the time :twisted: , since I leave in Saudi Arabia :???: and there is always possible negociations with the authorities :grin: . And at the end of the day, the radars do not catch you above 260kmh... which I am almost always at :wink: !

I love the look of the blue flame dual port. What about their durability on hard rides? Are they performing as well as Yosh or Akra?

Also, does anyone have dyno runs or feedback after installing PCII and K&N airfilter? I do not know if it will give me some power, or if I will just spend bucks for almost nothing...

Bottom line is that there is a Busa that gets on my nerves. I want him to smell my rubber, which he does when we take off, but then I do smell his!

Need your input guys!!!

Thanks

Pascal

Not too many people here with the Blue Flame. I did a search for you, but came up short. In the states we stick with your average, Hindle-Yoshi-V&H-and Migs are fairly popular. Wish I could help, but I found nothing. Good luck in your search, and welcome. Jerry

I have a set of Ti Blue Flame dual ports, as well as c/f yosh, c/f 2 Bros, and stock.

Not sure what you mean by "durability on hard rides". They're metallic, so you don't have to worry about overtemping the c/f. I've had my header ceramic coated in/out, so the mufflers definitely see much more heat than stock, and I've had no problems. They are a bit on the loud side, but have a nice growl.

My 97 is obviously carbed, so no help here from the PC angle, but once I rejetted, I can swap from B/F to Yosh to 2Bros with no problems. I've not dyno'd, but all 3 sets give a "seat of the pants" improvement over stock.

The weight loss (stocker mufflers weigh around 28 lbs/set; slipons are about 1/2 that), pleasant tone, and better looks (IMO) make them worthwhile.

Thanks guy.

I will continue to investigate.

Does anyone have maps for the Blackbird with Yosh mufflers and K&N for the PCII? I would think that Yosh and Blue Flame would require the almost same map...

Pascal

I have 2002 XX with the Blue Flame Dual Ports Titanium Painted. I had a lot of trouble with the lefthand midpipe. First one was not flared properly so it took a couple of hours to fit the end that attached to the header. Called the company I ordered from, Rider Performance Motorcycles. They said they would order another one. Six weeks later no replacement. I called them & they said they lost my order info! (Nice $850 order & they lose the info?). Finally got the replacement. No problem with the flare but the bracket that is welded on the midpipe is too far forward by about 4 mm. So I dremeled (ground out) the hole for the bolt & was able to fit it. Next problem was the left side can was almost 3/4" higher than the right side can. After several attempts at trying to level both sides it appears that the left midpipe bracket (yes the same damn bracket!) is angled away from the bolt hole which caused the midpipe to turn up a little bit. I was able to adjust with washers but what a pain!!

I wasn't impressed with the general attitude of Riders Performance Motorcycles either.

Anyway, I would say the pipes sound great but they are pretty loud. I would guess at least an 8 on a 1 to 10 scale.

I also have a power commander which is just running the stock map. It appears that it is running a little rich just by looking at the exhaust outlets. I don't believe my gas mileage has changed much.

Based on feel only, the bike responds more quickly to the throttle and just hauls ass through the RPM's. I hope to get a dyno done soon.

I would probably order them again but I would get the plain titanium although I have had compliments on the painted cans...