CBR1100XX.org Forum

Go Peds for Sale

For those who don't know, a Goped is a motorized scooter...not a scooter such as a Suzuki Bergman, but like a push scooter....a board with two wheels, the front one on a swivel and an upright stem upon which there are handlebars attached. I'll have pictures soon, and until then you can google it. GoPed is the brand name and essentially the first manufacturer of these little scooters. They are good quality and quite sturdy.

Anyway, I used to be a dealer for GoPed, back in the day. I have two leftovers of that bygone era. I was going to use them as pit bikes, but then I got the Spree and the GoPeds have been stuck in the back of the garage.

Obviously, the folks here on .org aren't a target audience, but I wanted to list them here just in case someone here was looking or knew someone who might be interested...they are not that common.

First is a Liquimatic GoPed.......this is the automatic trans version. It has a fluid transmission that enables you to stop without shutting the motor off, which is a relatively rare version. Most people opted for the sport version with direct drive to the rear wheel.

Second is the Bigfoot version. This has pneumatic tires and a rudimentary clutch that swivels the engine and drive spindle away from the rear tire.

Both run and drive. The Bigfoot rear tire is pretty low, and its priced accordingly. Because the handlebars fold down, they are fairly easy to ship. I will only ship them to continental US.....crossing the border to Canada or air shipping would be stupid expensive. They'll be posted on Craigslist for $125 for the Liquimaticand $100 for the Bigfoot. For forum members discount I'll be glad to include the shipping in those prices.

post-4340-0-55867000-1401460311_thumb.jp post-4340-0-40970100-1401460349_thumb.jp post-4340-0-29572000-1401460379_thumb.jp

Weight limitation on the smaller one is 400 lbs....they are solidly built. Can't imagine it even moving with that weight, though.

He'd be better off with a bicycle.

#1 these are well used devices with motors. I wouldn't depend on them for anything mission critical.

#2 the small wheels make the steering real touchy, and they don't handle holes at all.

#3 over a real world road course, a bike will be faster

#4 these are not, in most areas, street legal.

As far as I'm concerned, these are a recreational device only. The tank is about a quart, and people claim 100mpg, which would be 25 miles on a tank. I doubt it gets anywhere near that. Generally that little Kamatsu 2-stroke is WFO.

Per the docs, capacity is 400lbs and it gets 100mpg. Looks like both models have a 1L tank, so that's about a quart, right? About 25 miles on a tank, then.

Talking to the wife about the Bigfoot... my oldest turns 14 next month and would flip out. Of course, he rides his YZ80 everywhere now, so not sure really needs another motorized mode of transport! ;-)

http://www.goped.com/oldsite/html-products/liquimatic-info.shtml

http://www.goped.com/products/bigfoot/

Yeah, what he said. ;-)

Man, those look soo cool. That would be a fun toy out at the campgrounds for MotoGP.