CBR1100XX.org Forum

Glass/plastic cleaner

RXX

I am trying to find a little-bitty aerosol can of spray glass/plastic cleaner for trips. I have a 19 oz can that has lasted for years, but really, I only need about a 4 ounce can to take with me. I googled lazily with no luck. Seems to me to be a perfect item for a motorcycle accessory dealer. The aerosol cans are just so much more convenient than spray trigger bottles.

Any suggestions?

post-1606-0-81632300-1382033911_thumb.jp

Any bottle with a mechanical actuator like that is prone to leaking. I really enjoy the robust nature of the metal can.

And for three fiddy or so a year, it will not break me, so cost is not a big factor.

I can tell you that Sprayway Glass Cleaner is considered to be the finest product available according to the Car Wash Industry.

When I was purchasing it for Sonny's I go through 3 pallets a month.

It is available in 4oz cans as you desire, but not sure where you can find it except for the web.

I personally carry a 2oz pump spray bottle of Awesome Gloss with a screw on cover over the pump spray button that has not leaked in over 8 years of use and refilling. I picked up a 2oz bottle of air freshner at the auto parts store for .99cents and dumped out the fragrance and have been refilling the pump spray bottle ever since. I like the screw on cover.

Small can of Slip Streamer or Plexus should be perfect and readily available at any moto store. I like Slip Streamer products from WAY back. Honda Polish is cool but not too common in the mini size cans unless you buy a combo pack of cleaning products at the dealership. First Google hit that comes up for Slip Streamer search for me is J&P cycles. They're fast and relatively cheap so I've found.

BTW....none of these aerosol products spray well if at all in cold weather....warm weather or indoor use only.

Get a travel sized sprayer of something @ the grocery or drug store and wash it out. Then put in your favorite cleaner.

I keep a travel-size pump bottle filled with H2O2 in my tank bag. It has a plastic cover that prevents leakage. Since most of the schmutz on the helmet visor, windscreen and headlight consists of bug guts, peroxide is the best cleaner for it.