CBR1100XX.org Forum

Want to sell my low-mileage 2001 XX

talk about drooling over a bike.... My dream is a blackbird, and I will eventually own one. On the the other hand, Aubert is right about, I should have a smaller bike as my first, instead of something so powerful. I look at this thread daily, so I can see whom it goes to. Still, I kick myself knowing we were recently in Tenn... Im gonna die.. Kelly

Come on, Kelly. You're not gonna die! No matter where in Kentucky you are, you are NOT too far away to make this dream possible.

(Good grief..............that sounds like I'm trying to over-sell this bike!) :lol:

What I'm about to say is either due to me being a Gemini or having second thoughts about selling this bike, or both!

Ever since I listed this XX on this forum and cl, I can't help but fantasize about riding it again. When I washed it to take the pics for the listing, I "rode it" back into the garage.

It felt SO DAMNED good to just straddle it and ride it for 20 feet...........................all I can think about now is getting up Sunday morning and getting my knees to cooperate

and taking it out for a 20 minute blast down the highway; bald tires and all. At least the cord isn't showing!

As most of you know, this is one of the finest motorcycles ever produced, and it saddens me to sell it even though I can not ride it comfortably for more than a few minutes.

Having said all that, I friggin' LOVE this bike and want to keep it.

I'll just have to wait and see how Sunday goes.

Yea, I'm in love AND lust!

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

.....What I'm about to say is either due to me being a Gemini or having second thoughts about selling this bike,....

.... As most of you know, this is one of the finest motorcycles ever produced, and it saddens me to sell it even though I can not ride it comfortably for more than a few minutes......

Jim

Have you considered raising the bars a bit and getting peg lowering brackets? You'd really be surprised.

Guys, I'm sad to report that the bike has been sold. I will miss it, and someday I hope to find another low-mileage 2001..................

in Red!!!!!!!!