CBR1100XX.org Forum

Brake bleeder

Hobicus

Anyone know where I can get a good, functional, and yet inexpensive brake bleeder? I'm thinking something that I would hook onto the bleed screw and has a vacuum to suck the brake fluid through the system.

You could use a spray bottle. Unscrew the top and use the spray part for a bleeder. Use a small rubber line from your bleeder to the tube attached to the spray trigger and pump away. It works great and will cost about a buck for the spray bottle, or you might just have one around your house. Works like a charm.

DCP_1530.JPG

Breast pump, Yeah. :boobies: :boobies: Now that's getting multi uses out of something.

Whenever I get meds for the kids they give a syringe with them, works perfect. Tube fits right on the end. Just go to a pharmacy and see if they will give you a couple.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to say 'Thanks' to everyone who has posted on this topic. I changed my clutch and brake fluid and managed to get air in the lines on both the clutch and back brake - Bah! By reading all your comments I was able to dig myself out of the silly hole I put myself in! The linked braking does make for a more interesting bleed.

I also read on the UK Blackbird site that the clutch line likes to hold an air bubble at the top of the line, just off the reservoir. Bleeding that bolt off the reservoir solved my clutch problem instantly.