CBR1100XX.org Forum

SOLD-'98 Blackbird for sale-Super Condition-San Diego

SOLD

I reposted without the link to CL and just put everything inside this post.

'98 CBR1100XX. Outstanding condition. Well cared for by 43yr old ower. 35,500 miles. No accidents, never been down. Bought in Feb 2008 with 14,000 miles from a 50yr old guy. I have every receipt of maintenance done since I've owned it including a full 30K service. I've also kept logs of every chain lube/clean, adding air to tires, oil change...etc. Just makes my life easier.

Never had one issue with this bike. I've never tracked it. Never even done a wheelie on it (b/c I don't know how and don't care).

Reason for selling: Risks outweighing the rewards for me these days. I'm more focused on running/training and for the past couple years have only been riding the XX for the occasional commute here and there.

It's been an incredibly great bike while in my possession. Ready for someone else to appreciate it.

Upgrades/Add-ons (all work done by Poway Motorcycle in Poway, CA which is by far the most respected shop in San Diego)

-Ohlins springs (sprung for 185-205lb rider w/gear)-

-Wilburs rear shock (has about 5K miles on it)

-VFR bar risers-

-Scorpion slip-ons + rejet-Sound great, not too loud, never need repacking

*I managed to do install the below items :-) :

-Cortech tail bag

-Trickle charger wired to battery.

Tires have about 70-80% remaining on them. Replaced fairly recently.

Chain/sprockets have less than 5K miles on them.

New battery and regulator a couple years ago and is always on a trickle charger and garaged when not ridden.

New low and high beam bulbs replaced about 1 yr ago.

This bike has never sat for much longer than a week...maybe 2 tops without being ridden.

The only thing this bike is due for is another synthetic oil change (Castrol syntec 10W-40) (done approx 4K miles ago), which I'll do if it doesn't sell soon.

Only "flaw" is a very small tear in the seat about an inch or 2 long. I have a strip of black gorilla tape over it and it does the job. Not worth pointing out in the pics. Hardly noticeable.

Sorry not interested in selling anything separately.

$3700 firm. I don't need the money.

I just would rather not have the bike than have it, for reasons listed earlier.

If I can't get that for it, I'll just keep it for the occasional ride.

Thanks,

Howie

Luxh@saic.com

858-232-4007

DSC02619.jpg

DSC02616.jpg

DSC02617.jpg

DSC02613.JPG

DSC02618.jpg

bfront.jpg

DSC02615.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
She looks properly shined. Nice work. Good luck on the sale. It is a deal for the right rider.

Thanks. I have had a couple people come see it but no takers. I'm moving in a couple months to a place that has an underground community gated garage w/motorcycle spaces. I'll probably just take it with me and add theft insurance to my policy for a few extra bucks.