CBR1100XX.org Forum

Headlight bulbs

Lyle_ZA

post-345932-1366265414.pngpost-345932-1366265414.pngHi Guys

I have an '04 Bird. I've noticed that the small front light within the head light isn't working. After scratching around i found that the cable (No 6 in the drawing) was unplugged. Can someone tell me where it supposed to go.

First off, welcome to the forum, Lyle.

The small parking bulb rests in the bottom of the headlight housing. Changing the bulb and such can be done through the hole on the underside of the front cowl. There is a black plastic cap that fits into that hole.

That being said, are you supposed to have a parking light? Did you have one and then noticed it was no longer working? Here in the US, we don't have the parking light on the XX, there's no #6 cable, and there's no hole in the bottom of the headlight housing (but there's a preformed place for one). If your bike had been repaired from front end damage, there's a possibility that a headlight was used that didn't have the fitting for the bulb.

Oh, and we don't have '04 XX's here either (although the changes are minimal if any)!

Thanks for the info, so i guess i shouldn't really bother about it then. Doesn't affect my lighting at all anyway. Apologies for not introducing myself. This is my 2nd bird, i had a 99 3 years agao & sold it after i became a dad because i was told & i quote :icon_naughty: "you wanna be a hooligan biker or a father, you choose". My daughter is now 3 so i gave myself a treat and bought an 04 model. Ya anyway thats me in a nutshell - cheers

Hi Lyle,

I live in Lonehill, Sandton. Both my son and I have Blackbirds (mine is a '97 with 190k+ km on it now, and my son's is a 2000 model) so if you need that lamp reconnected for a roadworthy inspection or whatever, give me a shout.

Hi Lyle,

I live in Lonehill, Sandton. Both my son and I have Blackbirds (mine is a '97 with 190k+ km on it now, and my son's is a 2000 model) so if you need that lamp reconnected for a roadworthy inspection or whatever, give me a shout.

fuck another jappie!!!

welcome

to the mad house.