CBR1100XX.org Forum

Broken Mototeck undertail / theft attempt

Timujin

So, it looks like someone tried to steal my bike, or at least my helmet. I went to unlock my seat and found that the lock in the undertail was loose. It was late at night though, so I didn't take a closer look until the next day. When I went to check it, the lock was missing completely and the undertail was cracked at the area near the tail light. It had also been pulled down on one side near the front. It looks like someone was trying to get in there.

So, in addition to having to replace it, I'm not sure how to unlock my seat. Any suggestions?

Sorry to hear this.

If the lock is missing, the pull cable is flopping around in there someplace. Might be worth a few minutes to try and fashion a hook to drag it out of the hole.

Depending on your seat, you can just remove the undertail or the rear cowl, exposing the mechanism and setting the stage for the repair.

Sorry to hear this.

If the lock is missing, the pull cable is flopping around in there someplace. Might be worth a few minutes to try and fashion a hook to drag it out of the hole.

Depending on your seat, you can just remove the undertail or the rear cowl, exposing the mechanism and setting the stage for the repair.

It's an aftermarket seat. Not sure which one, but it doesn't look like the Corbin. I guess I'll just order the new tail and then deal with it all at the same time.

Thanks for the advice, I'll see if I can dig the cable out. When I was poking around earlier the Power Commander was blocking the hole pretty well.

Sorry to hear this.

It's an aftermarket seat. Not sure which one, but it doesn't look like the Corbin. I guess I'll just order the new tail and then deal with it all at the same time.

Thanks for the advice, I'll see if I can dig the cable out. When I was poking around earlier the Power Commander was blocking the hole pretty well.

You can remove the rear cowl with the seat in place just ease it out the rear.

Then you'll see the lock mechanism the cable should be floating around in there somewhere, as Joe said.