CBR1100XX.org Forum

fuel blockage

fourx

Fuel blockage? Bird 04 runs fine.Go to work as normal. Then starts to run what sounds like on two pots exhaust glowing red hot stalling won't idle. Going to local bike shop opened it up cleared put injector cleaner in all good. Done it again same thing. Done it again this morning.Only use BP ultimate petrol.

If the exhaust is red hot, I would think it was a lean condition. A failing FPR usually makes for a too rich condition.

If you are using a Power Commander, remove it from the system and see if the problem persists.

If not using a P/C, see if you can borrow an ECU from another Bird.

If that's not it, have fuel injectors professionally cleaned, checked, and replace if necessary.

Might even be a bad fuel pump.

I have never heard of this problem before.

Good luck.

If the exhaust is red hot, I would think it was a lean condition. A failing FPR usually makes for a too rich condition.

If you are using a Power Commander, remove it from the system and see if the problem persists.

If that's not it, have fuel injectors professionally cleaned, checked, and replace if necessary.

Good luck.

Rang local honda shop yesterday. Suggested fpr he said probably not. Then he said fuel pump maybe I said how much he said around $800 I said fuck me. Turns out good old honda has filters that can be replaced. One is $100 and the other $20 .Problem being one is on back order might be two weeks away.

Good luck.

Rang local honda shop yesterday. Suggested fpr he said probably not. Then he said fuel pump maybe I said how much he said around $800 I said fuck me. Turns out good old honda has filters that can be replaced. One is $100 and the other $20 .Problem being one is on back order might be two weeks away.

If it was a dirty fuel filter, the engine would likely idle okay, but run worse as RPM increased.

Fuel pumps can be found on Ebay for way less, or you could check motorcycle salvage yards in your area.

Edit: I re-read your original post, and wonder if you have a blocked fuel tank vent. Put your spare key in petrol cap while you are riding. If it starts to run bad, open the cap briefly to relieve the pressure. If it magically starts to run better, that is likely the problem.